Avansic transforms raw data into useful and defensible ESI through a variety of industry-standard tools and technologies to ensure that clients receive the most effective results for the most economical price.
Digital forensics is the preservation, investigation and analysis of data from digital devices for use in litigation, mediation or general business practice. Forensics is used to dig deep into a computer for deleted and double-deleted files and to seek out information that may not be obvious during a search of active files. Avansicís Digital Forensics Professionalsģ have many years of experience in performing digital forensics investigations on a wide variety of devices including:
- Computers, servers and network devices. Online conversations, Internet logs, hard drives, e-mails, document access dates, and more.
- Removable media. This includes floppy disks, CDs, DVDs, media cards and removable hard disks, all of which are often used for file transfer.
- Cell Phones and Portable Electronic Devices. This includes iPods, global positioning systems and personal digital assistants, all of which can be used for file transfer or information storage.
- Digital cameras. In addition to photographic evidence, digital cameras can provide timestamps or data storage.
- Faxes and printers. Fax communication histories and print logs can often be retrieved long after a document has left the machine.
- Communication devices. Voicemail and call records collected from telephone equipment can help establish a timeline of events or provide audio files for use as evidence.
- Surveillance systems and digital video recorders. Even household devices such as personal video recorders, can contain additional data stores, timestamps, or other user activity information.
Digital evidence is typically collected for court cases, corporate investigations or personal uses. Such information is extremely sensitive to alteration (intentional or otherwise), and therefore must be handled very carefully. Several requirements must be met for the findings to be presented in court, including the ability to demonstrate exactly how the evidence was collected, handled, and stored. Without the proper training, key evidence can be tainted and inadmissible.
Avansic employs highly credentialed and certified individuals to collect and investigate digital information. Avansicís staff works closely with clients to determine the specifics of the situation and to apply appropriate investigation techniques, including the recovery of deleted or hidden data on computer hard drives. In addition, we maintain a team of researchers ready to provide solutions for any unique forensics and e-discovery projects and challenges.
Avansic can perform cell phone and mobile device forensics, including collecting evidence from Android and iPhones as well as tablets. We have ongoing compatibility with new phones. Please see our page on Cell Phone Forensics.
Call a project manager today at (888) 808-0337 to schedule a collection or for a free consultation.